The FCCD is now accepting applications from farmers and landowners for grants funded by the Conservation Excellent Grant (CEG) or Agriculture Conservation Assistance Program (ACAP).
Applicants may be awarded money for projects located in Franklin County at a 90% cost share rate with the landowner responsible for 10% matching funds.
ACAP Maximum Ag BMP Project Amount: $500,000
CEG Maximum Ag BMP Project Amount: $250,000
The CEG and ACAP Programs will fund projects that implement Best Management Practices (BMPs) from a Conservation plan, Ag E&S plan, Nutrient Management plan or a Manure Management plan that has been developed for an agricultural operation. Please see below for BMPs considered eligible for cost-share.
NOTE: Applications MAY be submitted at any time for consideration in the next funding cycle.
BMPs eligible for cost-share include, but are not limited to:
- Streamside Grass Buffer Program (click HERE for details)
- Cover Crop Program (click HERE for details) – See Link for Application Below
- Waste Storage Facilities
- Livestock Exclusion Fencing with Off-Stream Watering System
- Barnyard & Feedlot Runoff Abatement
- Streambank Restoration
- Buffers (Narrow 15′-29′ wide or Wide 30′ or greater) with or without exclusion fence (includes grass and forest buffers)
- Non-Urban Stream Restoration
- Grassed Waterway/Diversion
- Silage Leachate Management
- Stream Bank Fencing
If interested in applying or learning more, please click on the link(s) below or contact the FCCD office at 717-264-5499.
The application forms can be accessed using these links:
CEG/ACAP COMPLETE PACKET AND APPLICATION: CLICK HERE
COVER CROP PROGRAM APPLICATION: CLICK HERE