The FCCD is now accepting applications from farmers and landowners for a Conservation Excellent Grant (CEG).
Applicants may be awarded money for projects located in Franklin County at a 90% cost share rate up to $250,000 maximum with the landowner responsible for 10% matching funds.
The CEG Program will fund projects that implement Best Management Practices (BMPs) from a Conservation plan, Ag E&S plan, Nutrient Management plan or a Manure Management plan that has been developed for an agricultural operation. Please see below for BMPs considered eligible for cost-share.
NOTE: Applications MAY be submitted at any time for consideration in the next funding cycle.
THE DEADLINE FOR CONSIDERATION IN ROUND 4 IS February 17, 2023 BY 3:30 P.M.
BMPs eligible for cost-share include, but are not limited to:
- Waste Storage Facilities
- Livestock Exclusion Fencing with Off-Stream Watering System
- Streamside Buffers (click HERE for details)
- Barnyard & Feedlot Runoff Abatement
- Streambank Restoration
- Cover Crops (certain restrictions apply)
- Buffer (30’+ wide) with or without exclusion fence (includes grass and forest buffers)
- Narrow Buffer (15′-29′ wide) with or without exclusion fence (includes grass and forest buffers)
- Non-Urban Stream Restoration
- Grassed Waterway/Diversion
- Silage Leachate Management
- Stream Bank Fencing (no buffer)
If interested in applying or learning more, please click on the link below or contact the FCCD office at 717-264-5499.
CEG Program Guidelines
The application forms can be accessed using these links:
District Cooperator Form
Plan Verification Form